Oracle 11g Database Administration (OCP)
Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professionals have the skills and expertise to manage the Oracle 11g Database in an enterprise environment.
The OCP: Oracle Certified Professional credential validates the skills and experience required to manage, develop, or implement enterprise-wide databases, middle-ware or applications. The Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (OCP DBA 11g) certificate is appropriate for mid to senior level Oracle database administrators. Certified professionals can install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot and backup an Oracle database. OCPs in Database 11g can also configure and manage the Oracle network environment.
Trained and certified Oracle Certified Professionals in DBA 11g can gain employ as a professional database administrator, or build on the OCP to achieve Oracle's highest database certification, the OCM: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Master. There are numerous expert-led training courses and specialized degree programs featuring coursework in Oracle database technologies. Compare the top-rated Oracle training programs online and in your area below.
Oracle's current OCP certificate is recognized as one of the most challenging and comprehensive credentials in the database space; database managers and team leaders are increasingly using the OCP DBA 11g to evaluate the qualifications of candidates for key database positions, even at companies where the Oracle DBMS is not employed.
- Basic understanding of databases
- Working knowledge of RDBMS concepts & SQL
- Working knowledge of Oracle 9i or 10g
120 Hours Hours
Who Should Attend ?
- Database Administrators
- Java Developers
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
- Prepare the Oracle database environment and create a new Oracle database.
- Manage Oracle instances and set database initialization parameters.
- Configure and manage the Oracle network environment.
- Manage storage structures in an Oracle 11g database.
- Manage database user accounts and administer user security.
- Implement Oracle database security and work with auditing.
- Manage Oracle database 11g alerts and thresholds.
- Utilize the enterprise manager support workbench.
- Manually backup Oracle databases and setup automatic backups.
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to recover the Oracle database.
- Import, export, and transfer data between Oracle databases.
- Understand database architecture and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Configure the Oracle 11g database for recoverability.
- Perform user-managed backup and recovery operations.
- Utilize Flashback Technology and Flashback Operations.
- Manage database memory, space, performance and resources.
- Manage and automate common tasks and jobs with the Scheduler.
- Use the Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to configure a recovery catalog,
- Create various backups, perform recovery, and duplicate a databases.
On average, 40% of corporate training budget goes unspent. So don't be shy, fill out this form and make your request today!
if you would like training for more than 5 people, please contact us for custom pricing.