Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401)
Students will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam.
Note: This course is related to Red Hat Satellite 5. If you would like to train on version 6, see our Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course.
- Students without a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification are encouraged to check their experience levels by taking a free online skills assessment.
32 Hours Hours
Who Should Attend ?
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Individuals preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
On average, 40% of corporate training budget goes unspent. So don't be shy, fill out this form and make your request today!
if you would like training for more than 5 people, please contact us for custom pricing.